The Above Header Area is the section at the top of the website, above the purple line. This area is made of two sections, which take 50% of the screen.
To get the same layout at the demo, here’s how we did it:
- In the Admin Dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize
- Select Widgets > Above Header Left
- Click on Add a Widget and select a Custom Menu
- Add the menu you want for this section (you can create a new menu under Appearance > Menu)
- Click the arrow back and go to Above Header Right
- Click on Add a Widget and select Search
- Click on Add a Widget again and select Simple Social Icons
- Add the URL to your favorite social medias and change the colors to fit with the rest of your website
- Click on Save and Publish
This is how we did it, but you don’t have to do the exact same thing! If you want to flip the menu and the social icons, go ahead! If you’d like to have an announcement, add a Text widget. If you’d rather not have the search box or you have a different widget you like for social icons, go for it!