Make sure you have all your pages, posts, and categories created before you do this step. It will make the process much simpler if your content is ready (even though it can totally be empty!)
- In the Admin Dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus
- Give a name to your new menu if you haven’t created one (“Main Menu” is a great name!)
- Add whatever content you need by using the left sidebar. Keep in mind that you can select categories, which will show only your posts tagged under that category! (Great idea if you want to achieve something like the demo theme)
- To make sure that your menu isn’t acting weird when you hover your mouse over it, make sure to add a Title attribute to each item. (This is good for SEO too, so just add the same as the label to the Title attribute!)
- Once your menu is ready, check the Main Menu under Display Location. This will make that exact menu show up in the main menu area!