Are you wanting to use the Bonnie theme in another language than English? It’s totally possible!
While Bonnie doesn’t come with language packs, you can translate it yourself (no need to translate the whole theme either, you can translate just what you need!)
- First, you’ll need to install the Loco Translate plugin.
- Go to Loco Translate > Theme
- Click on “Bonnie Theme” (you can also translate other themes that way!)
- Click “New Language”
- Select your language
- Under “Choose a location”, I recommend using the “Custom” setting ( languages/loco/themes/bonnie-<locale>.po ) That way, if you update your theme or WordPress, you won’t lose your translation.
- Click “Start Translating”!
- Next, select the line you want to translate and write! (I recommend translating the “Read More” and “Search & Enter” lines, as those show up on the site)
- Don’t forget to save!
Translate as many of the strings as you want! If you’re having problems with your translations not showing up, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll investigate for you.