Make sure you have all your pages, posts, and categories created before you do this step. It will make the process much simpler if your content is ready (even though it can totally be empty!)
Cleo is a bit different than other themes. You’ll have to create two menus, one for the right side and one for the left side of the logo/header area.
- In the Admin Dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus
- Give a name to your menu (“Left Menu” is a great name!)
- Add whatever content you need by using the left sidebar. Keep in mind that you can select categories, which will show only your posts tagged under that category! (Great idea if you want to achieve something like the demo theme)
- Once your menu is ready, check the Left Menu under Display Location. This will make that exact menu show up in the main menu area!
- Repeat the previous step by creating a second menu called “Right Menu”, where you’ll check Right Menu under Display Location.
I definitely recommend balancing your menu to have the same number of items per side. I wouldn’t recommend more than 4 menu items per side. You can use the drop-down menus if you have more items you want to show in your main menu!