To get the same look as the demo, you’ll want to double check your Genesis settings. You can find the Genesis settings in two locations:
- In the Admin Dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings
- In the Customizer, click on Theme Settings.
Most of the settings are not relevant to have a similar look as the demo website, so adjust them to your preference. Here are the ones that matter:
- Default Layout: Select the right sidebar
- Breadcrumbs: Uncheck everything
- Comments & Trackbacks: Enable comments on posts only
- Content Archives: Select Entry Excerpts, check the Featured Image box and select featured-image as the size. I also recommend Center or None as the image alignment and Numeric as the Entry Pagination.
Obviously, feel free to change these settings to get the look and feel that you want for your website, these are just there to help you get the same look as the demo website!