To get the same look as the demo, you’ll want to double check your Genesis settings. You can find the Genesis settings in two locations:
- In the Admin Dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings
- In the Customizer, click on Theme Settings.
Most of the settings are not relevant to have a similar look to the demo website, so adjust them to your preference. Here are the ones that matter:
- Default Layout: Select the right sidebar
- Breadcrumbs: Uncheck everything
- Comments & Trackbacks: Enable comments on posts only
- Content Archives: Select Entry Excerpts, check the Featured Image box and select featured-image as the size. I also recommend None as the image alignment and Numeric as the Entry Pagination.
Note that for the image alignment, None and Center will make the images alternate. If you wish to have the featured images all on one side, you can select their Left or Right.
Obviously, feel free to change these settings to get the look and feel that you want for your website, these are just there to help you get the same look as the demo website!