Are you wanting to use the Florence theme in another language than English? It’s totally possible!
While Florence doesn’t come with language packs, you can translate it yourself (no need to translate the whole theme either, you can translate just what you need!)
- First, you’ll need to install the Loco Translate plugin.
- Go to Loco Translate > Theme
- Click on “Florence Theme” (you can also translate other themes that way!)
- Click “New Language”
- Select your language
- Under “Choose a location”, I recommend using the “Custom” setting ( languages/loco/themes/florence<locale>.po ) That way, if you update your theme or WordPress, you won’t lose your translation.
- Click “Start Translating”!
- Next, select the line you want to translate and write! (I recommend translating the “Keep Reading” and “Search & Enter” lines, as those show up on the site)
- Don’t forget to save!
Translate as many of the strings as you want! If you’re having problems with your translations not showing up, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll investigate for you.