Before installing the theme, you’ll want to make sure the Genesis Framework version is at least 3.3.0 and that your WordPress version is at least 5.4
You can check your theme version by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking on Theme Details on the theme you want to check. The version number is right next to the name.
To check your WordPress version, go to Dashboard > Updates and you’ll see the WordPress version at the top of the page next to Current Version.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes.
- At the top of the page, click on Add New.
- At the top of the page, click on Upload Theme. (You won’t be able to find the Kara theme in the WordPress directory. Since it’s a paid theme, you have to upload it yourself)
- Click on Choose File and find the file named kara.1.0.0.zip
- Open that file and click on Install now.
- Click on Activate. (You want to make sure you activate that theme!)
Congrats, Kara is installed! Now it’s time to set it up properly so it functions right and looks the way you want it to!