The bar at the top of the page will only show up when there is a menu that has the Top Menu location selected. To create a menu to add to that location, follow these steps:
- First, head to Customizer > Menus and create a new menu that you can call Top Menu.
- Add the pages/links you want to have in your secondary navigation. (Keep it empty if you don’t want to have a menu but would like to show the search/SM icons!)
- Under Menu Location, make sure you check Top Menu.
To add the widgets to the menu bar, you can do that by following these steps:
- Go to Customizer > Widgets.
- Click on Secondary Navigation Social Media Icons
- Click Add a Widget and select Simple Social Icons (If you don’t see that widget, chances are you don’t have the plugin yet. Find it here. )
- The search bar is automatically added, you don’t have to worry about that!