Do you want to use the Kara theme in a language other than English? It’s totally possible!
While Kara doesn’t come with language packs, you can translate it yourself (no need to translate the whole theme either, you can translate just what you need!)
- First, you’ll need to install the Loco Translate plugin.
- Go to Loco Translate > Theme
- Click on Kara Theme (you can also translate other themes that way!)
- Click New Language
- Select your language
- Under Choose a location, I recommend using the Custom setting ( languages/loco/themes/kara-<locale>.po ) That way, if you update your theme or WordPress, you won’t lose your translation.
- Click Start Translating!
- Next, select the line you want to translate and write! (I recommend translating the “Read More” and “Search Here” lines, as those show up on the site)
- Don’t forget to save!
Translate as many of the strings as you want! If you’re having problems with your translations not showing up, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll investigate for you.