If you’d like to add a custom page to link to on Instagram like on the demo site, here is how to build it!
Create the Instagram landing page
- In the Admin Dashboard, go to Pages > Add New.
- Give a name to your page, but you don’t need to add any content.
- On the right side, in the Settings panel, change the Template from Default Template to Instagram.
- Publish the page.
Add Content to your Instagram Landing Page
Now that your page is created, you can go to it to view it. It will be empty.
- While viewing your new Instagram page, click on Customize to open the Customizer.
- In the Customizer, go to Widgets > Instagram Landing Page.
- Add a Navigation Menu widget (you can create a custom menu to add in this spot).
- Add a Simple Social Icons widget.
- Add a WordPress Popular Posts widget. (Find the plugin here) To make it look like the demo, here are the settings to use:
- Check “Shorten Titles” and set it to 50 characters.
- Check “Display Post Thumbnail” and set it to “Set size manually” to 620px wide and 360px high.
- For the theme, select “None”.
- Don’t check anything else.