The Lexi theme comes with multiple menu areas that you can mix and match as you want!
The four menu areas are:
- Main Menu (below the logo)
- Top Menu (above the logo)
- Left Menu (left of the logo)
- Right Menu (right of the logo)
You can set a menu in only one of those areas, in a combination of them, or all of them!
To create a menu, go to the Customizer > Menus and click on the “Create New Menu” button. Add a name to your menu and select the menu location. The locations are explained in more detail below. Then click on the “Add Items” button to start adding links to your menu.
The main menu is located below the logo and is centered on the page. It is the one that will show first when all the menus are collapsed on mobile.
The top menu is located above the logo and is aligned to the left with space for social media icons and a search bar on the right. This is the only menu location that has social media icons + search. (If you want to activate the icons and the search but don’t want to add a menu, you can set an empty menu in this location)
You can make this menu sticky by going to the Customizer to Header Settings and making sure that the box is checked. This is the only menu that can be sticky.
To add the widgets to the menu bar, follow these steps:
- Go to Customizer > Widgets.
- Click on Secondary Navigation Social Media Icons
- Click Add a Widget and select Simple Social Icons (If you don’t see that widget, chances are you don’t have the plugin yet. Find it here. )
- The search bar is automatically added, you don’t have to worry about that!
The left menu is located left of the logo. It can be used alone to move the logo all the way to the right of the screen or can be used with the right menu to center the logo.
The right menu is located right of the logo. It can be used alone to move the logo all the way to the left of the screen or can be used with the left menu to center the logo.