There are quite a few widget areas in this theme that you can customize to your liking.
- We added a simple Text widget with a picture + a bio.
- We added a Search widget.
- We added a Simple Social Icons widget. (Find the plugin here.)
- We added a Genesis eNews Extended to add a newsletter sign up. (Find the plugin here and tutorials on how to set it up here.)
- We added a WordPress Popular Posts widget. (Find the plugin here) To make it look like the demo, add a Text or HTML widget and paste this code:
[wpp range='all' limit=4 stats_views=0 order_by='views' post_type='post' title_length='50' thumbnail_width='620' thumbnail_height='360']
If you wish to customize the content of the WordPress Popular Posts, I recommend referring to this documentation for all the options that can be added to the shortcode.
Top of Blog Feed Area
That section is right between the carousel and the blog feed.
- We added a Genesis eNews Extended to add a newsletter sign-up. (Find the plugin here and tutorials on how to set it up here.)
You can obviously add something different here. If you ever wanted a different carousel than the one we provide, you could disable ours and add another carousel widget here! It would appear at the top of the page.
Instagram Feed Above Footer
We recommend only adding an Instagram feed in this section. You will most likely need to set up the plugin in the admin dashboard first, under Instagram Feed. We recommend disabling everything except the feed and showing 6 images with 6 columns.
- We added a Text widget with this shortcode
[instagram-feed](Find the plugin here)
If you don’t have any content in the footer, you’ll only see the Footer 1 area available. As soon as you add something to it, Footer 2 and Footer 3 will appear.
- We added a Text widget in the Footer 1 section
- We added a Genesis eNews Extended widget in the Footer 2 section. (Find the plugin here and tutorials on how to set it up here.)
- We added a Simple Social Icons widget (find the plugin here.) and a Search widget to the Footer 3 section.
After Entry Area
This section shows up only on individual blog posts. You will need to make sure you are viewing a single post to see it in the Customizer. Otherwise, you can always find it in Appearance > Widgets.
- We added a Genesis eNews Extended widget. (Find the plugin here and tutorials on how to set it up here.)